Buy Diane's Books   Sign Up for the Newsletter   Contact Diane   Follow Diane on Twitter Subscribe to the RSS Feed
Diane Whiteside, Inveterate Romantic

If Music Be the Food of Love

April 27, 2008 | Me, myself

If music be the food of love, as the Bard said – well, it’s also a heck of a good incentive!

Neil Diamond will be the coach this week on American Idol. I totally admire him as a songwriter. “LA’s fine but it ain’t home. New York’s home but it ain’t mine no more” is the most perfect definition of a transplant’s anguish I’ve ever heard. I’m a third-generation Californian living in Virginia and I love both states – but I still catch myself singing that song at least once a year.

The man just has the knack of catching my feelings and putting them into song. I’ll be fascinated to hear which songs the Idol contestants choose, especially David Cook and Syesha.

Next week is also going to be what one writer friend calls “Diane Whiteside’s Psycho Week.” I prefer to think of as the week when my 60 boxes of books come home. Yes, that’s right – we’ve bought a house and we’re about to move into it, God willing and the creek don’t rise. Of course, unpacking all those books, plus all the ones still living with me – have I mentioned those absolutely necessary for Book dot Now? – is going to take a ton of work. That’s where the need for incentives comes in.

Guess what kind of treats I went for? That’s right – music. You’re looking at the proud possessor of concert tickets. For the first time in I don’t want to think of how long, I’m going to take time off from writing and indulge myself. Of course, I’ll have to get Book dot Now finished and my books put away first.

Then I’ll get to see Neil Diamond live in concert! Yeehaw! He is a marvelous performer.

I also bought tickets for the Young Dubliners and Scythian. I do love me some Celtic rock and as for an entire evening of it? Heaven, absolute heaven.

Next step – find more musical incentives to get the books even faster. Hmm, what shall I choose?

12:08 am

Comments

Comments RSS | TrackBack URI

1. Scarlet Y Wharton says:

He was on Good Morning America this morning too, promoting his new album! He is a favorite of mine and my daughters also.

2. Sandy Pennese says:

I had the pleasure of seeing Neil Diamond in concert many years ago and that was a great performance that was a real thrill……..

3. Zachary Evans says:

David cook has one of the great voices that i have ever heard in american idol’:’

4. Diane says:

Isn’t David Cook amazing? His voice can effortlessly lead me into another world. The Time of My Life got me through an unbelievably bad patch. Thanks for reminding me!

5. Eve Reid says:

I could say that David Cook deserves to be a winner in American Idol. he posses great talent.-~*

6. Luke Turner says:

David Cook is way better than that David Archuletta kid,*,

7. Carlos Kelly says:

i would have to say that adam lambert have a much better voice than david cook***

8. Diane says:

Yes, I enjoy Adam Lambert! His “Whattya Want from You” is the hero’s theme song for my next book. But is he better than David Cook? That’s like comparing a fabulous night club to a great restaurant. I need them both.

9. maryland accident lawyer says:

maryland accident lawyer

Author Diane Whiteside » Blog Archive » If Music Be the Food of Love

10. lead poisoning rates remain steady says:

When your

11. Sell Auto notes says:

Sell Auto notes

Author Diane Whiteside » Blog Archive » If Music Be the Food of Love

12. Unlicensed Operators says:

When your

13. Natasha says:

Whhen your

14. Melanie says:

It is almost not possible to come across effectively-knowledgeable pesrsons in this unique matter, nevertheless,
    you feel like you know what you are chatting about!
    Thanks

15. Like Boise Tech Mall says:

Like Boise Tech Mall

Author Diane Whiteside » Blog Archive » If Music Be the Food of Love

16. web page says:

Hi, I want to subscribe for this website to obtain most up-to-date updates,
    therefore where can i do it please help out.

17. maryland dui first offense says:

Get out of debt today. Bankruptcy is a dirty scary word.
    But once you learn the ins and outs of bankduptcy iit is not so scary anymore.

In fact, you may conclde it is your best chance at starting a
    new future.

18. best attorney says:

Get out of debt today. Bankruptcy is a dirty scaary word.
    But ojce yyou learn the iins and outs of bankruptcy it
    is not so shary anymore. In fact, you may conclude
    it is your best chanbce at startinbg a new future.

19. bankruptsy lawyer says:

It is nearly impossible to find very well-educated individuals in this
    certain subject, nevertheless, you sewem like youu know what you
    are talkking about! Manny thanks

20. Amee says:

Get out of debt today. Bankruptcy is a dirty sczry word.
    But once yyou learn the inss and outs of bankruptxy it is not sso scary anymore.
    In fact, yyou may conclude it is your best chance at starting a neww future.

21. Janice says:

When your

22. Karolyn says:

Simply wish to say our article is as astonishing. Thee clarity to your submit is simply cool and that i can assume you
    are knowledgeable on this subject. Fine together with your permission alllow me
    to snatch your feed to stay updatd with approaching post.
    Thank you 1,000,000 and please carry on the gratifying work.

23. Eleanore says:

It’s trully very complicated in this full of activity life
    to listen newss on TV, so I just use world wide web ffor hat reason, and get the hottest information.

24. snip.li says:

Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished
    to say that I’ve truly loved browsing your weblog posts.

In any case I will be subscribing in your feed and I’m hoping you write again very soon!

25. find a lawyers says:

Get out of debt today. Bankruptcy is a dirty scary word.
    But once you learn the ins and outs oof bankruptcy it is not so scaty anymore.
    In fact, you maay conclude it is your best chance at startting a new future.

26. negligent police pursuit cases says:

It is a disgrace you reaply do not have a donate button! I’d most unquestionably donate to thhis fantastic blog!
    I guess for noww i’ll setgle for e-book-marking and introducing your
    RSS feed to my Google account. I ook ahead to model new updates and will talk about this website with myy
    Fb group. Chat before long!

27. blood alcohol level says:

Hey there! Quick question that’s competely offf topic. Do you know howw to make your site mobile friendly?
    My blog looks weird when browsing from my iphone 4.
    I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this problem.
    If you have any recommendations, please share. Appreciate
    it!

28. James says:

Get out of debt today. Bankruptcy is a dirty scary word.
    But once you learn tthe ins and outs of bankruptcy it is not so scary anymore.
    In fact, you may conclude it is your best chance at starting
    a new future.